- Sunday 27 September – Portland Bill Leader: Jane Cumming Sunday September 27th, 2020
The Portland trip was cancelled. The leader and the single booking member agreed to cancel owing to unfavourable wind conditions and the rain.
Find out what the BOC does and how it can help you make the most out of your birding around Bristol and further afield.
Find out more …
Bristol Ornithological Club
The Bristol Ornithological Club (BOC) was founded, in 1966, to promote, encourage and co-ordinate the scientific study of ornithology in all its branches in the Bristol area.
The Aims of the Club
- To publish a monthly bulletin, entitled Bird News, and a journal Bristol Ornithology. *
- Encourage beginners in ornithology, by assistance in the field and through special indoor meetings.
- Support and assist conservation projects by active co-operation with local organisations.
- Promote the special study areas at Chew Valley Lake .
- Promote field research by co-operative and individual studies.
- Hold regular indoor and field meetings throughout the year.
* Bristol Ornithology will take the form of papers and short notes by members, and a review of that year’s events and activities. Members also receive the Avon Bird Report (published jointly with the Avon Ornithological Group) which is a systematic list report of the birds of the area).
Find out where our members have been on birding holidays