The Bristol Ornithological Club (BOC) was founded, in 1966, to promote, encourage and co-ordinate the scientific study of ornithology in all its branches in the Bristol area.
The Aims of the Club
- To publish a monthly bulletin, entitled Bird News, and a journal Bristol Ornithology. *
- Encourage beginners in ornithology, by assistance in the field and through special indoor meetings.
- Support and assist conservation projects by active co-operation with local organisations.
- Promote the special study areas at Chew Valley Lake .
- Promote field research by co-operative and individual studies.
- Hold regular indoor and field meetings throughout the year.
* Bristol Ornithology will take the form of papers and short notes by members, and a review of that year’s events and activities. Members also receive the Avon Bird Report (published jointly with the Avon Ornithological Group) which is a systematic list report of the birds of the area).
General Committee for 2016
- Chairman – Ken Carruthers
- Secretary – Richard Belson
- Treasurer – Keith Williams
- Membership Secretary – Judy Copeland
Jane Cummings, William Earp, Alastair Fraser, Robert Hargreaves, Nick Hawkridge, Mike Jackson, Gareth Roberts, Mark Watson, Jason Williams.
If you would like to be considered for the committee, or are willing to help on a co-opted basis, drop us a line via the contact us page.